The Business Development Officer will also be responsible for the complete sales cycle with the view of maximizing revenue, margin, and client satisfaction. Having resources for assistance, the role is to develop deep relationships with key people and uncover sales opportunities, while delivering ongoing value to clients.
The Business Development Officer will be a reference point for all sales-related queries, meet with existing clients to unearth opportunities and meet new clients to generate leads and close deals.
The incumbent should have obtained bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Administration, or related field. The role requires over 3 years of sales experience within the technology industry.
Our company culture requires continuous professional learning and development.
The incumbent will require the following skills to execute the job effectively:
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skill
- Opportunity Closing Skill
- Leverage internal relationship and sell the ‘value add.’
- Technically competent
- Experience in Cloud Computing Technologies
- A desire to keep up to date with new technology and training.
Business Development Officer Role and Responsibilities
The Business Development Officer will be responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following tasks:
Planning & Strategy
· Build and execute a call plan that will ensure maximum return with assistance
from senior managers and partners.
· Create monthly work plan.
· Develop a solid understanding of the product range and present an informed overview.
· Understand strengths and weaknesses in the product sets from a technical perspective.
· Make outbound sales calls to clients and prospects as per call plan.
· Up and cross sell each opportunity for maximum margin and differentiation
· Identify professional services opportunities in conjunction with the service
delivery and project delivery teams.
· Capture and maintain all relevant data needed to sell and renew.
· Participate in lead generation events.
· Liaise with other divisions, as required, to ensure efficient customer transactions
that ultimately deliver a sound buying experience.
Administration & Reporting
· Ensure all client issues are resolved promptly and seek management guidance
· Accurately forecast business with senior manager on a monthly basis.
· Work with operation team and provide support where necessary to ensure timely
logging of orders.
· Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions to resolve issues promptly.
· Support account receivables with collection
Customer Relationship Management
· Ensure all clients are alerted of any up‐coming renewals.
· Ensure the CRM is updated and used pro-actively to drive business engagements
· Should have a good understanding of our value proposition and should be
able to understand the customer requirements.
· Own the full sales cycle, from identifying expansion opportunities
to build relationships with key stakeholders to negotiation and contracting